| Piper Halliwell
| Biographical information |
|Born:||August 7, 1973|
|Marital:||Married to Leo Wyatt|
|Occupation:|| Owner of P3
|Height:||5 ft 2 in (152 cm)|
|Magic and Powers|
|Portrayed by:||Holly Marie Combs|
|First seen:||Happy Birthday Pip! You're A Witch!|
Charmed info in this page has to be credited to Charmed Wiki. Please visit them for a complete version of Piper's history.
After the death of Prue, Piper is considered to be the most powerful of the three sisters. Her powers work through the manipulation of molecules: slowing them down to the point where things freeze, and speeding them up to either induce heat or cause explosions. Besides this, she possesses the basic powers of a witch: casting spells, brewing potions, scrying for lost objects or people, divining for information, and seeing and communicating with spirits. Furthermore, Piper can access The Power of Three, the collective power of the Charmed Ones.
Piper occasionally works as a chef and she is the cook in the family. In 1999, she opened the nightclub P3, with the help of her sisters; Prue and Phoebe.
Click a link to head to Charmed Wiki to read about these important events in Piper's life.
Powers and Abilities
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions. This is considered Piper's specialty, due to her love and skill for cooking.
- Scrying: The ability to locate a person or object by the use of a scrying crystal, a map, and sometimes other tools.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
- Molecular Immobilization: The ability to slow down molecules to the point that they freeze. This power works on almost all objects and beings, except certain upper-level demons such as The Triad, and other good witches. This is Piper's primary power which she channels through her hands.
- Molecular Combustion: The ability to speed up molecules to the point that they explode. This power advanced so much that she is able to destroy Upper-Level Demons. It is considered Piper's strongest and most frequently used power.
- Deviation: The ability to manipulate your current magical power to deflect energies back in the direction it came from that are thrown in the targeted direction of the deviator. Piper is capable of this through the use of her Molecular Combustion power.
- Molecular Acceleration: The ability to reverberate molecules at a speed which causes them to rapidly heat up and sometimes become disordered; this can often result in either melting or ignition.
- The Power of Three: The collective power of Piper and her sisters which enhances their powers.
- High Resistance: The ability to be highly resistant to physical and magical harm, surviving otherwise lethal attacks.
Piper is described as the most kind, caring, and maternal of the four sisters. Also, she can be very sarcastic and quick-witted. Over the years, Piper grew from the meek, shy and very much arbiter middle sister, to a confident, charge-taking, quite comedic cynical woman. Piper was often described as the glue that holds the family together.
When it comes to magic, Piper hates the constant demonic attacks and her sacrifice of a normal life. However, Piper knew that being a witch was a part of who she was and came to cherish it in time. Realizing that she would not be able to save innocents without her powers, Piper accepted her destiny as a Charmed One.
Piper has long brown hair.
Her eyes are the color of brown.
She is 5 feet and 2 inches tall.
Notes and Trivia
- Piper's blood type is AB.
- Piper's zodiac sign is said to be Gemini. However, the family tree states that she was born in August, which would make her a Leo.
- Piper likes to knit in her free time.
- Piper has had the least amount of lovers out of the Charmed Ones. Conversely, she's had the longest standing romantic relationship of them all as well, with Leo Wyatt.
- Piper was the first out of her sisters to discover her powers.
- Piper is the only sister to never have possessed the power of Premonition.
- Piper is the only one of the sisters who doesn't possess a mental power.
- Piper was the first sister to visit the Heavens.
- One of Piper's past lives was P. Baxter, the mother of Grams, making Piper technically the great-grandmother of her own sisters and herself.
- Both Piper and P. Baxter were the owners of a popular bar.
- Piper is the only sister whose powers are an advanced version of her past life's.
- Her nephew, Pip Muniz-Halliwell, was named after her. The author, Matt, was having trouble coming up with a name and thought he'd be the first to name a Warren line member after an opposite gendered member of the line. So in this case, Pip (Pyper Clayton) was named after his aunt Piper and his father Clay.
- Piper Halliwell - visit them for more.